The Watertown Area YMCA has many options for active older adults, including Silver Sneakers chair-based classes, group exercise classes, social opportunities and more.
AOA Group Exercise Classes are included in membership!
We have in-person and virtual options available. (Reservations are required for in-person classes.) Please visit our Group Exercise Schedule for the most up-to-date class availability!
Classes for active older adults do not require going down on the floor. They have a longer warm up and cool down.
- Cardio Blast – Get your heart rate up using a variety of cardio machines and alternate that with functional movements with light resistance off the machines. End with standing stretches.
- Barre – Barre is a low impact exercise program that helps to improve strength, balance, flexibility and posture.
- Strength and Flexibility – This class incorporates strength training with a variety of equipment and stretches to keep you independent and mobile.
Silver Sneakers allows you to get fit the way you want, at your convenience.
With this innovative program you can:
- Use the entire Watertown Area YMCA facility plus, take SilverSneakers classes
- Have guidance and assistance from a certified instructor
- Enjoy fun social activities with people like you
The Silver Sneakers Fitness Program is FREE for qualified seniors. Check with your insurance agent to see if you qualify.
- CLASSIC (Muscle Strength, Range of Motion) – Improves overall strength and flexibility.
- YOGA STRETCH – Improves flexibility & joint range of motion.