To ensure safety and proper use of equipment, the following guidelines are in place at each branch. Youth ages 10-15 are required to go through a Wellness Orientation prior to using equipment.
Age 10-12: Can use the Cardio and Circuit Rooms – with their parents – after an orientation with fitness staff. Can take Group Exercise classes with an adult, excluding cycling classes.
Age 13-15: Can use the Cardio, Circuit and Weight Rooms on their own after an orientation with fitness staff. May attend Group Exercise classes on their own.
Age 16 & up: Free access to the entire Wellness Center.
YOUTH/TEEN WELLNESS ORIENTATIONS: (Ages 10-15)
Youth/teen orientations demonstrate how to work out safely and effectively within the Y Wellness Center (2nd floor). It introduces exercise concepts and guidelines, gym etiquette and safety practices.
- Parent/Youth Wellness Center Orientation: Ages 10-12
- Youth/Teen Wellness Center Orientation: Ages 13-15
- Age 7-9: May use track, with parent.
- Age 10-12: Welcome to use select cardio equipment and track after the Wellness Center policy agreement is signed, with an adult next to them. Take Group Exercise classes with an adult excluding cycling classes.
- Age 13-15: Allowed to use the Wellness Center independently after orientation and waiver is signed by a parent. Can also use Free Weight area after an additional orientation. Group exercise classes also available to this age group.
- Age 16 & up: Free access to the entire Wellness Center.