What’s the 20/20 Membership Referral Promotion?
As an incentive for becoming a partner in health and referring a member to the Y, both you and the new member you bring to the Y receive a 20% savings on your membership. You both continue to receive the 20% savings on both new member and loyalty rates as long as long as you both remain members. (This promotion runs September 7th, 2021 - August 31st, 2022.)
How long does the 20/20 Membership Referral Promotion run?
The promotion runs from September 7th, 2021 - August 31st, 2022. Those who take advantage of the promotion will continue to receive the 20% saving as long as both parties remain active members.
How do I get started?
To participate in the 20/20 Membership Promotion, you simply need to complete the 20/20 referral form online or in branch and invite your friend to join.
Does my friend have to be with me to join?
Your friend does not need to be with you. They will receive an email invitation after we approve your referral.
Who is eligible to refer new members to this program?
- Active and bank drafting Young Adult, Adult, Senior Adult, Household and Senior Household members are eligible to refer. These members can refer any of these membership types to join.
- New members who refer a friend to join together are eligible for the promotion.
Who is not eligible to refer or be referred?
- You may not be eligible if you have a discounted membership type (corporate membership, scholarship memberships, pathways) or if you are an annual full pay member. Non-paying, 3rd party memberships such as Silver Sneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active are also not eligible to participate in the referral promotion.
- Corporate members must choose which offer is better for them – the discount provided by the employer partnership or the 20% savings with a friend referral.
- You may not be eligible to be referred if you have been an active member in the last 6 months. This promotion is only for new members who have not had an active membership in the last 6 months.
- Current members cannot recruit other current members with the 20/20 Referral Promotion. You will need to refer someone who is not currently a member to be eligible for the 20% monthly savings.
- Glacial Community YMCA Staff are not eligible due to already discounted rate.
Can I refer more than one friend?
Yes! Although you will not receive additional savings, as long as one of your referrals remains active, you will continue to enjoy the 20% savings. The more friends you refer, the better chance you will have of continuing to receive the discount after the promotion ends.
Do the referral and member have to be at the same branch?
No. Your friend can join at either the YMCA at Pabst Farms or Watertown Area YMCA branch.
How long is this reduced rate valid?
The reduced rate received from participating in the 20/20 member referral promotion is good for as long as both parties remain members. This savings could last a lifetime as long as you are both members.
What happens if one of us leaves the Y?
Should one of you cancel your membership while the promotion is still being offered, the remaining member has 30 days to refer another friend to join or your membership rate returns to the standard rate for your membership category.
If the promotion is no longer being offered and you do not have a back-up friend linked to your account, your membership will return to the standard rate for your membership category.
Will the 20/20 membership referral program rate ever increase?
If future membership rates increase, the membership rate will reflect a 20% savings on whatever the current standard membership rate is.
I referred my friend and my friend joined, when do we receive our reduced rate?
The 20/20 Membership Promotion rate will go into effect after the referred membership is purchased. Your savings will be reflected on your next bank draft as long as the referred membership is purchased more than 7 days prior to the next bank draft date.
Does adding a family member to my existing membership qualify me for the 20% savings?
Adding a new family member to your membership is considered a membership upgrade and does not qualify for 20/20 Membership Promotion rates. Referrals must be outside of your membership unit.
What if I need to modify my membership type?
You can upgrade or downgrade your membership as long as both members retain an eligible membership type.
Can a member cancel and re-join as another member’s referral?
A member can refer you only if you have not been a member within 6 months.