2024 OPEN ENROLLMENT: November 1-12, 2023
Plan or enrollment changes may be made during the open enrollment period and will become effective on January 1, 2024.
- If you are not making any changes to your enrollment, no additional action is required, and your current plan & coverage will continue in 2024.
- To change your plan or coverage, log into BenefitSolver by clicking the link below and submit your changes.
- All participants 19 years & older covered by a Y medical plan are asked to participate in the Rally Health Survey to receive full benefit of premiums paid by the Y. For more details on how participation affects your premium rates, click the “Plan Rates” link below. Instructions on how to take the survey are found on the right side of this page.
NEW MEDICAL PLAN OFFERRED for 2024: Surest Gold. No deductible & no co-insurance, instead you’ll have clear upfront pricing (copays). For more information on Surest:
- VIDEO: Intro to Surest
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Register here for one of the webinars to learn more.
- Monday, October 30, 11am-12pm CT
- Wednesday, November 8, 1-2pm CT
- Thursday, November 16, 11:30am-12:30pm CT
- Review plan summary by clicking “plan information” button below.
Medical – Vision – Dental – Life – Short & Long-Term Disability
Full-time employees are provided life and disability insurance benefits and have the opportunity to elect medical, vision, dental and additional life insurance coverage.
Offered through YMCA Employee Benefits, plan documents and details are available by clicking “plan information” button for medical, vision, dental, life, & long-term disability plans.
Short-term disability insurance plan document and forms are here:
Enrollment instructions found on Plan Information link above or contact Dawn Hannula, Human Resource Director at [email protected] or 262-468-0470 for assistance.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Enrollment in either HDHP 2750 or HDHP 4000 qualifies for making contributions to an HSA. The Surest medical plan is not a qualifying plan for HSA contributions per IRS regulations, however money previously saved in your HSA may still be used to pay for medical expenses.
To change or discontinue current HSA contributions, go to the direct deposit information area of your Paycor account found under the “Pay & Taxes” menu.
CLICK HERE to set up a new HSA through the Bank at Work program at Bank Five Nine.
All Y employees, regardless of employment status, are encouraged to contribute to a 403(b) Smart Account or Roth Account through payroll deduction. For more information or to obtain forms, please click below for the YRF website.
Membership & Program Discounts:
For part-time employees, eligibility is based upon number of hours worked each week. Audits are conducted to ensure minimum requirements are met.
For information regarding benefit eligibility, please refer to the Employee Handbook found on the main Employee Portal page.
If you or your dependents have questions or would like to set-up a meeting to further discuss our benefit offerings, please contact Dawn Hannula, HR Director at (262) 468-0470 or email [email protected].
EASY STEPS TOWARDS
A HEALTHIER YOU
Taking the Rally Health Survey
Every year on August 1, members of YMCA Employee Benefits’ medical plans have the opportunity to retake their Rally Health Survey and level set their health and wellness goals while also helping their YMCA earn premium credits. Follow these simple steps to log in to Rally to take your survey.