As a family organization we encourage members and guests to maintain an appearance that is not disruptive, distracting, nor offensive in any regard. Therefore we have adopted a modest dress code policy. This policy aligns with the Y’s mission and core values so that everyone is comfortable when they come to the Y. Staff may ask a member or guest to change because of inappropriate attire. We hope together we can make the Y the best part of your day!
- Any article of clothing that is transparent or becomes transparent when wet, may not be worn while participating at the Y.
- Clothing and jewelry that portray negative messages and are deemed inappropriate by the Y management must be altered or removed. Tattoos deemed inappropriate must be covered.
- With the exception of special events, swimsuits may only be worn in pool areas. When entering hallways or other areas of the Y you must be covered with a shirt, pants/shorts and footwear.
- Activity appropriate footwear must be worn in all areas of the Y.
Wellness Center Dress Code
- Proper exercise attire is required and should cover the body appropriately
- Tops should cover the full torso
- Tank tops and sleeveless shirts must cover full torso including chest and ribcage
- Full coverage shorts need to be longer than your glutes
- Appropriate leggings meant for working out should not be used to accentuate body parts
- In order to prevent damage to upholstered equipment, clothing with zippers, snaps, buttons, etc. (i.e. jeans) cannot be worn
- In an effort to minimize damage to our floor surfaces, patrons are asked to wear clean athletic shoes. Closed toed shoes are required, no open-toed shoes or sandals while working out. Exceptions for certain classes and programs such as Yoga or dance classes.
- Please avoid offensive or derogatory graphics or language on any apparel
What is not deemed appropriate to wear at the Y?
Please refrain from the following clothing items:
- No sports bras, crop tops, halter tops or shirts that expose your torso
- No leggings that accentuate the division of glutes
- No open-toes shoes or sandals while working out
- No shorts that do not cover the fold of your glute