KEEPING OUR COMMUNITY HEALTHY
Dear Y Members and Participants,
As you know, we take the health and well-being of all we serve very seriously. Our leadership team has been monitoring the ever-changing dynamics of the COVID-19 virus and listening to the advice of Federal, State, and Local government and health officials. Based on what we learn, we are making regular adjustments to our policies and operations.
We will be providing updates and relevant information on a regular basis through our website and email communications.
The operational decisions we are making are in alignment with the idea of “flattening the curve” of the virus spread so that our hospital systems can be responsive to those who are sick in a timely and reasonable manner. We have a duty to help slow the spread of the virus while serving the community in a healthy way. We are working with all our partners to ensure we protect at-risk populations and our YMCA members.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we monitor and respond to this health crisis. While we don’t have all the answers today, we are committed to providing regular updates.
In these unprecedented times, please know that we will do everything we can to help in whatever way we can.
IMMEDIATE CHANGES TAKING PLACE
- The YMCA at Pabst Farms and Watertown Area YMCA branches will close beginning Monday, March 16th through Friday, April 24th.
- This decision was made after school and state announcements closed schools to slow the spread of Coronavirus.
- We know that the Y is a community hub where youth and families gather. With this in mind, we felt it necessary to align with the decision of the school districts and close our facility.
- Program credits related to the closure will automatically be processed by member service staff in the upcoming weeks.
- We understand there will be some interruption in access to your membership; however, your continued support is appreciated. We are currently working on virtual options for Les Mills Classes, watch for more information to come. Membership credits will be issued upon request.
- At this time, the Y will remain closed through Friday, April 24th, however, this could change given the ever-changing nature of the situation. We will continue to communicate any changes and updates as soon as they are available.
Please know that none of these decisions were taken lightly and as a public health organization serving the most vulnerable of our citizens, we felt it our duty to protect them.
Jon T. Lange
Chief Executive Officer
Glacial Community YMCA