At the Glacial Community YMCA, we expect staff members and guests to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times, respecting the rights and dignity of others.
We demonstrate Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, by:
- Speaking in respectful tones, dressing appropriately and refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest and caring manner;never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public;abstaining from contact of a sexual nature.
- Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Creating a safe, caring environment; never carrying firearms or weapons.
- Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind and body;never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on Y premises. The Y is a smoke-free facility. This includes interior and exterior spaces. This policy also applies to smokeless and electronic cigarettes – they are not permitted.
Adherence to the Y Code of Conduct and regulations is essential. Non-compliance may result in suspension or termination of Y membership privileges.